Saturday, March 24, 2018

Bichon Frise pet portrait progress on the easel

Been busy in the studio working on this dog painting commission of an adorable little Bichon Frise. I thought I'd share some of the work in progress pictures I took with my phone so you can see some of the steps involved. I lightly draw a pencil sketch then I always start with the eyes...yes, the eyes are the windows to the soul and I feel I need to get those just right before I can continue with the rest of the portrait. Sometimes, I go back and tweak a little but there is nothing usually major unless the client points something out.
That is another reason I take progress shots of my work and send to the client. It gives the opportunity to provide feedback and if necessary, little touch ups here and there.
I want every client to be totally in love with their portrait so it is important it is to their liking.
Keep watching to see the rest of the portrait as it progresses to the grand finale in my next post!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Colette!

    This is looking fantastic! You start portraits the same way I do - eyes and nose first. Yes, the eyes are what really show the personality.

    What support are you working on? You probably said it and I just missed it. It looks like suedeboard. Sweet job so far.

    ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete